Custom Made Tarps
Many tarp manufacturers will fabricate a custom tarp to your exact measurements for specific needs.
Custom tarps might be needed for unusual equipment configurations, industrial or farm use, fitted boat or motorcycle covers, bimini tops or t-tops for boats, RV awnings or canopies, and a variety of other uses.
You should decide ahead of time as precisely as possible exactly what kind of custom tarp you will need. The manufacturer will generally need certain information about your tarp.
Buying A Custom Tarp
- The exact measurements of the tarp you need
- If the tarp needs to be fitted (not a flat tarp), the measurements of the side panels
- If you need D-rings, grommets, or both
- How many D-rings and grommets, and how far apart should they be?
- The type of tarp fabric: canvas, poly, or mesh
- The weight of the tarp fabric — Do you need a super heavy duty tarp, a medium weight tarp, or a lightweight tarp?
- If you need a strap-and-ratchet set to use with the tarp
Some very specific purposes may require a personal visit by the custom tarp maker to take precise measurements, particularly if the tarp requires special framing or other custom work.